The philosophy at The Pet Resorts for dog training is a blend of modern motivational techniques with some tried and true traditional methods. Owners are taught to recognize behavioral cues and reinforce appropriately. Dogs do not have to be handled harshly to earn respect! Emphasis is on using logic and communication to get results, not force. Training should be fun for both owner and dog.
WOULD YOU LIKE A DOG WHO WILL:
- Walk by your side without pulling on the leash?
- Come when called?
- Go to his/her place and stay on the place while you eat dinner?
- Greet guests without jumping on them?
- Gladly cooperate with the groomer or veterinarian?
- Pay attention to you, regardless of distractions?
- Be HAPPY and OBEDIENT?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, we can help!
At The Pet Resorts we are:
- Certified dog trainers
- Veterinary Recommended
- Member APDT (Association of Pet Dog Trainers)
- Certified CGC (Canine Good Citizen) Evaluator
- Educated in “real life” manners and training
Group classes are a cost effective way to learn training and dog handling skills and work your dog with the added benefit of “Distraction Proofing”. Does your dog obey you in the house but nowhere else? Outside distractions often keep dogs from paying attention. Group classes are taught at our Cumming boarding facility with other dogs, people, and all types of distractions so they provide the perfect opportunity to “fine tune” your handling skills and correct unwanted behavior problems. However, if once in awhile you still need a little more personal attention, private lessons are available either at our boarding facility or at your home.
Puppies 12-18 weeks old
Our 5 week puppy class is intended to be the introduction your puppy needs to the world around him as well as the introduction your puppy needs to obedience. With your dedication, your puppy will become a well-mannered, well-tempered adult dog.
We teach the following in Puppy Class:
- Socialization with other dogs
- Socialization with people
- Socialization with the world around them
- Introduction to sights and sounds
- Introduction to obedience training
- Gentle mouth / taking treats gently
OBEDIENCE CLASS I
jTaught on leash in low to moderate distractions.
- Name means watch me/look at me
- Sit and Down
- Release cue
- Socialization exercises with your dog
- Handling Exercises – your vet and groomer will thank you
- Givens, a.k.a. Manners
- Distraction levels
- No Jumping on people
- Walking on a loose leash
- Go to your place command
- Come means come to me
If you just don’t feel group lessons are for you, you need a little extra attention, or you need help with a behavior problem, private dog training lessons are available. We can come to your home, location of your choice, or you can come to The Pet Resorts facility. We will customize your lessons to fit your specific needs. For more information, please call The Pet Resorts at 678-455-9199. Or you can schedule your private lesson here.