Group classes are a cost effective way to learn training and dog handling skills and work your dog with the added benefit of “Distraction Proofing”. Does your dog obey you in the house but nowhere else? Outside distractions often keep dogs from paying attention. Group classes are taught at our Cumming boarding facility with other dogs, people, and all types of distractions so they provide the perfect opportunity to “fine tune” your handling skills and correct unwanted behavior problems. However, if once in awhile you still need a little more personal attention, private lessons are available either at our boarding facility or at your home.
Puppies 12-18 weeks old
Our 5 week puppy class is intended to be the introduction your puppy needs to the world around him as well as the introduction your puppy needs to obedience. With your dedication, your puppy will become a well-mannered, well-tempered adult dog.
We teach the following in Puppy Class:
- Socialization with other dogs
- Socialization with people
- Socialization with the world around them
- Introduction to sights and sounds
- Introduction to obedience training
- Gentle mouth / taking treats gently
OBEDIENCE CLASS I
Taught on leash in low to moderate distractions.
- Name means watch me/look at me
- Sit and Down
- Release cue
- Socialization exercises with your dog
- Handling Exercises – your vet and groomer will thank you
- Givens aka Manners
- Distraction levels
- No Jumping on people
- Walking on a loose leash
- Go to your place command
- Come means come to me